2021年脸书扎克伯格创始人信

FOUNDER'S LETTER, 2021

We are at the beginning of the next chapter for the internet, and it's the next chapter for our company too.
我们正处于互联网下一篇章的起始点,也是我们公司下一篇章的开始。

In recent decades, technology has given people the power to connect and express ourselves more naturally. When I started Facebook, we mostly typed text on websites. When we got phones with cameras, the internet became more visual and mobile. As connections got faster, video became a richer way to share experiences. We've gone from desktop to web to mobile; from text to photos to video. But this isn't the end of the line.
近几十年来,技术赋予人们更加自然地与彼此联系、表达自我。当我创建Facebook的时候,人们还是主要在网站上聊天打字。当带摄像头的手机越来越多,互联网也变得更加视觉化和轻便化。随着网络速度的加快,视频成为分享丰富生活的主要方式。我们已经实现了从PC互联网再到移动端的进化;也从文本到照片再到视频。但这不是终点。

The next platform will be even more immersive -- an embodied internet where you're in the experience, not just looking at it. We call this the metaverse, and it will touch every product we build.
下一个平台将使我们的体验更加身临其境——一个更为具体的互联网,你可以亲身体验其中,而不仅仅是看着它。我们称之为元宇宙,它将“Touch”到我们构建的每个产品。

The defining quality of the metaverse will be a feeling of presence -- like you are right there with another person or in another place. Feeling truly present with another person is the ultimate dream of social technology. That is why we are focused on building this.
元宇宙的决定性品质将是一种存在感——就像现在的你和另一个人在一起,或在另一个地方一样。感受到与他人真正在一起,是社会技术的终极梦想。这就是为什么我们专注于构建这个元宇宙。

In the metaverse, you'll be able to do almost anything you can imagine -- get together with friends and family, work, learn, play, shop, create -- as well as completely new experiences that don't really fit how we think about computers or phones today. We made a film that explores how you might use the metaverse one day.
在元宇宙中,你将可以完成几乎任何你能想象到的事情——与朋友和家人聚在一起,工作、学习、玩耍、购物、创造——这些体验与计算机或手机给我们带来的体验完全不同。我们制作了一部电影,探索在未来你将如何使用元宇宙。

In this future, you will be able to teleport instantly as a hologram to be at the office without a commute, at a concert with friends, or in your parents' living room to catch up. This will open up more opportunity no matter where you live. You'll be able to spend more time on what matters to you, cut down time in traffic, and reduce your carbon footprint.
将来,你将能够立即以全息图传送,无需通勤即可在办公室工作、与朋友共同欣赏音乐会或在父母的客厅叙旧。无论你身在哪里,元宇宙都会给你更多体验。你将可以把更多时间花在对自己更重要的事情上,减少交通时间,并减少碳排放。

Think about how many physical things you have today that could just be holograms in the future. Your TV, your perfect work setup with multiple monitors, your board games and more -- instead of physical things assembled in factories, they'll be holograms designed by creators around the world.
想想你现在周围有多少实际的物品,这些东西将来可能只是全息图。你的电视、多台显示器搭建的办公桌、棋盘游戏等——它们以后将不是在工厂组装的实际物品,而是由世界各地的创作者设计的全息图。

You'll move across these experiences on different devices -- augmented reality glasses to stay present in the physical world, virtual reality to be fully immersed, and phones and computers to jump in from existing platforms. This isn't about spending more time on screens; it's about making the time we already spend better.
你将可以在不同设备上体验这些——增强现实AR眼镜可以让你身在现实世界,而VR可以让你完全沉浸在虚拟现实中;手机和计算机也可以从现有的平台接入。这不是要花更多时间在电子屏幕上;而是要让我们花费时间的方式变得更好。

OUR ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITY
我们的角色和责任

The metaverse will not be created by one company. It will be built by creators and developers making new experiences and digital items that are interoperable and unlock a massively larger creative economy than the one constrained by today's platforms and their policies.
元宇宙不会由一家公司创建。它将由许多创作者和开发人员构建,提供可交互操作的新体验和数字项目,并解锁比当今平台及其政策约束大得多的创意经济。

Our role in this journey is to accelerate the development of the fundamental technologies, social platforms and creative tools to bring the metaverse to life, and to weave these technologies through our social media apps. We believe the metaverse can enable better social experiences than anything that exists today, and we will dedicate our energy to helping achieve its potential.
我们在这个过程中的作用是加快基本技术、社交平台和创意工具的发展,将元宇宙带入生活,并通过我们的社交媒体应用程序将这些技术串联起来。我们相信元宇宙可以提供比今天任何事物更好的社会体验,我们将致力于帮助实现其潜力。

As I wrote in our original founder's letter: "we don't build services to make money; we make money to build better services."
正如我在最初的创始人信中写道:“我们构建服务的目的不是为了赚钱;我们赚钱是为了能更好的提供服务。”

This approach has served us well. We've built our business to support very large and long term investments to build better services, and that's what we plan to do here.
我们一直秉承着这一观点。我们创建公司就是为了支持更大规模的长期投资,用来提供更好的服务,这就是我们计划要做的事情。

The last five years have been humbling for me and our company in many ways. One of the main lessons I've learned is that building products people love isn't enough.
过去五年在许多方面都让我和我们公司学到了很多。我学到的主要教训之一是,只创造人们喜欢的产品是不够的。

I've gained more appreciation that the internet's story isn't straightforward. Every chapter brings new voices and new ideas, but also new challenges, risks, and disruption of established interests. We'll need to work together, from the beginning, to bring the best possible version of this future to life.
我深知互联网的故事并不简单。每一章节都会都带来新的声音和新的想法,同时也带来了新的挑战、风险和对既定利益获得者的破坏。我们需要从一开始就共同努力,让这个未来的最佳版本成为现实。

Privacy and safety need to be built into the metaverse from day one. So do open standards and interoperability. This will require not just novel technical work -- like supporting crypto and NFT projects in the community -- but also new forms of governance. Most of all, we need to help build ecosystems so that more people have a stake in the future and can benefit not just as consumers but as creators.
从第一天起,隐私和安全就需要内置在元宇宙中。开放标准和互操作性也是如此。这不仅需要新的技术工作——例如支持社区的加密和NFT项目——还需要新的治理形式。最重要的是,我们需要帮助建立生态系统,以便更多的人在未来拥有利害关系,不仅可以作为消费者受益,而且作为创造者也能受益。

This period has also been humbling because as big of a company as we are, we've also learned what it's like to build on other platforms. Living under their rules has profoundly shaped my views on the tech industry. I've come to believe that the lack of choice for consumers and high fees for developers are stifling innovation and holding back the internet economy.
这一时期也是让人成长的阶段,尽管我们是一家大公司,但我们也了解了在其他平台上开始新业务是什么感觉。生活在他们的规则下深刻地塑造了我对科技行业的看法。我开始相信,消费者缺乏选择权,并且开发人员费用高昂,这两点正在扼杀创新,阻碍互联网经济。

We've tried to take a different approach. We want our services to be accessible to as many people as possible, which means working to make them cost less, not more. Our mobile apps are free. Our ads model is designed to provide businesses the lowest prices. Our commerce tools are available at cost or with modest fees. As a result, billions of people love our services and hundreds of millions of businesses rely on our tools.
我们试图采取不同的方法。我们希望我们的服务能让尽可能多的人使用,这意味着我们需要努力降低、而不是增加成本。我们的移动应用程序是免费的。我们的广告模式旨在为企业提供最低的价格。我们的商业工具以成本价格或少量费用提供。因此,数十亿人喜欢我们的服务,数百万企业依赖我们的工具。

That's the approach we want to bring to helping to build the metaverse. We plan to sell our devices at cost or subsidized to make them available to more people. We'll continue supporting side-loading and streaming from PCs so people have choice, rather than forcing them to use the Quest Store to find apps or reach customers. And we'll aim to offer developer and creator services with low fees in as many cases as possible so we can maximize the overall creative economy. We'll need to make sure we don't lose too much money along the way though.
这就是我们想去帮助构建元宇宙的方法。我们计划以成本价或以补贴价格出售我们的设备,以便向更多人提供服务。我们将继续支持side load和通过PC串流,以便人们有选择的权利,而不是强迫他们使用Quest Store获取应用程序或者客户。我们将致力于在尽可能多的情况下,降低开发人员和创作者服务的成本,以便我们能够最大限度地发挥整体创意经济。不过,我们需要确保我们不会在此过程中损失太多钱。

Our hope is that within the next decade, the metaverse will reach a billion people, host hundreds of billions of dollars of digital commerce, and support jobs for millions of creators and developers.
我们希望在未来十年内,元宇宙将惠及数十亿人,托管数千亿美元的数字商务,并为数百万创作者和开发人员提供就业机会。

WHO WE ARE
我们是谁

As we embark on this next chapter, I've thought a lot about what this means for our company and our identity.
在我们开始下一篇章时,我思考了很多,这对我们的公司和我们的身份意味着什么。

We're a company that focuses on connecting people. While most tech companies focus on how people interact with technology, we've always focused on building technology so people can interact with each other.
我们是一家专注于社交的公司。当大多数科技公司专注于研究人们如何与技术互动时,我们一直专注于更有利于人们彼此之间互动的技术。

Today we're seen as a social media company. Facebook is one of the most used technology products in the history of the world. It's an iconic social media brand.
今天,我们被视为一家社交媒体公司。Facebook是世界历史上使用最多的技术产品之一。这是一个标志性的社交媒体品牌。

Building social apps will always be important for us, and there's a lot more to build. But increasingly, it's not all we do. In our DNA, we build technology to bring people together. The metaverse is the next frontier in connecting people, just like social networking was when we got started.
构建社交应用程序对我们来说总是重要的,还有很多东西需要构建。但我越来越觉得,这不该是我们唯一需要做的。在我们的DNA中,我们构建技术将人们聚集在一起。元宇宙是连接人的下一个前沿,就像我们开始社交网络一样。

Right now our brand is so tightly linked to one product that it can't possibly represent everything we're doing today, let alone in the future. Over time, I hope we are seen as a metaverse company, and I want to anchor our work and our identity on what we're building towards.
目前,我们的品牌与自己的一种产品联系非常紧密,以至于它不再能代表我们今天所做的一切,更不用说未来了。随着时间的推移,我希望我们被视为一家元宇宙公司,我想将我们的工作和身份定位在我们为之建设的方向上。

We just announced that we're making a fundamental change to our company. We're now looking at and reporting on our business as two different segments: one for our family of apps and one for our work on future platforms. Our work on the metaverse is not just one of these segments. The metaverse encompasses both the social experiences and future technology. As we broaden our vision, it's time for us to adopt a new brand.
我们刚刚宣布,我们正在从根本上改变我们的公司。我们现在将我们的业务视为两个不同的部分:一个是我们现有的应用程序系列,另一个就是我们在未来平台上的工作。我们在元宇宙方面的工作不仅仅是这两个部分。元宇宙包括社交体验和未来技术两个方面。随着我们视野的拓宽,我们是时候采用新品牌了。

To reflect who we are and the future we hope to build, I'm proud to share that our company is now Meta.
为了反映我们是谁以及我们希望建设的未来,我很自豪地宣布,我们的公司现在正式更名为Meta。

Our mission remains the same -- it's still about bringing people together. Our apps and their brands aren't changing either. We're still the company that designs technology around people.
我们的使命保持不变——仍然是将人们聚集在一起。我们的应用程序和他们的品牌也没有改变。我们仍然是围绕人们而设计技术的公司。

But all of our products, including our apps, now share a new vision: to help bring the metaverse to life. And now we have a name that reflects the breadth of what we do.
但我们的所有产品,包括我们的应用程序,现在都有一个新愿景:帮助将元宇宙带入生活。现在我们有一个名字,反映了我们工作范围。

From now on, we will be metaverse-first, not Facebook-first. That means that over time you won't need a Facebook account to use our other services. As our new brand starts showing up in our products, I hope people around the world come to know the Meta brand and the future we stand for.
从现在开始,我们将以元宇宙为先,而不是以Facebook为先。这意味着随着时间的推移,你将不需要Facebook帐户来使用我们的其他服务。随着我们的新品牌开始出现在我们的产品中,我希望世界各地的人们了解Meta品牌和我们所代表的未来。

I used to study Classics, and the word "meta" comes from the Greek word meaning "beyond". For me, it symbolizes that there is always more to build, and there is always a next chapter to the story. Ours is a story that started in a dorm room and grew beyond anything we imagined; into a family of apps that people use to connect with one another, to find their voice, and to start businesses, communities, and movements that have changed the world.
我曾经研究过古典文学,而“元”一词来自希腊语单词,意思是“超越”。对我来说,它象征着总是有更多需要建造的,故事总是有下一章。我们的故事始于宿舍,发展得超出我们任何人的想象,成为一个人们用来相互联系、找到自己声音以及创办改变世界的企业、社区和运动的应用程序系列。

I'm proud of what we've built so far, and I'm excited about what comes next -- as we move beyond what's possible today, beyond the constraints of screens, beyond the limits of distance and physics, and towards a future where everyone can be present with each other, create new opportunities and experience new things. It is a future that is beyond any one company and that will be made by all of us.
我对我们迄今为止取得的成就感到自豪,我对接下来会发生什么感到兴奋——因为我们超越了今天可能的范围,超越了屏幕的约束,超越了距离和物理的限制,走向了一个每个人都可以相互出现、创造新机会和体验新事物的未来。这是一个超越任何一家公司的未来,将由我们所有人创造。

We have built things that have brought people together in new ways. We've learned from struggling with difficult social issues and living under closed platforms. Now it is time to take everything we've learned and help build the next chapter.
我们建造了以新方式将人们聚集在一起的东西。我们从与困难的社会问题作斗争和生活在封闭的平台下中吸取了教训。现在是时候把我们学到的一切用来帮助构建下一个篇章了。

I'm dedicating our energy to this -- more than any other company in the world. If this is the future you want to see, I hope you'll join us. The future is going to be beyond anything we can imagine.
我正把我们的精力投入到这一点上—— 比世界上任何其他公司都多。如果这也是你想看到的未来,我希望你能加入我们。未来,将超出我们任何人的想象。

—马克·扎克伯格

原文:

最后编辑:

Bob

超级管理员
注册
2021/05/29
消息
获赞
设备
  1. Meta Quest 2
  2. Pico 4
  3. Pico Neo 3
Facebook公司不再是第一,Meta才是。

Meta公司网址:meta.com

Meta包含:
1635499236359.png

250190276_10114027736889621_5091613826737603263_n.jpg

(Zuck在 Meta新牌匾下的自拍,2021年10月28日)

verge_vjeran_pavic_meta_3_20211028.0.jpg

(位于加利福尼亚 1 Hacker Way道路上的Meta 公司招牌。1 Hacker Way是Facebook公司总部所在地,现在Facebook更名为Meta后,招牌被替换为Meta)

以前的招牌:
1298876066.jpg

Bob

超级管理员
注册
2021/05/29
消息
获赞
设备
  1. Meta Quest 2
  2. Pico 4
  3. Pico Neo 3
以后再也没有 Oculus Quest。

以后统一都是 Meta Quest。

Zuck 扎克伯克FB: facebook.com/zuck

扎克伯克在第三季度FB的财报汇报会上说,今年我们在元宇宙上的支出大约为100亿美元。而且我们接下来每一年我们的投入不会低于100亿美元,且每年都会递增。

最后编辑:

Bob

超级管理员
注册
2021/05/29
消息
获赞
设备
  1. Meta Quest 2
  2. Pico 4
  3. Pico Neo 3
说个观点,近期黑五买设备50美金折扣,买游戏又是50美金折扣,Meta的销售估计背了很重的年终销售KPI。 制定政策的人估计倒推了很多年。比如十年后要实现10亿用户,那么预计现在要做到什么程度。

顶部